1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making a backup copy of an X Box game. PLease help.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nickelodeon, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nickelodeon

nickelodeon Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a dvd burner and a mod chip in my Xbox. I have made many backups for my playstation2 and now i want to for my xbox. My friend says that i need to hook my computer up to the Xbox and burn it then. What is he on about/ how do I make a backup copy of a xbox game?

2. doggard

doggard

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

3. nickelodeon

wooooooooooooooooooow hang on a sec. Makinbg a backup copy of an Xbox game I already own is not illegal dude. And im sorry if its not allowed in this forum but I have seen threads on how to make a backup copy of a ps2 game.

4. doggard

doggard

Backing up may not be illegal but breaking the encryption to do so is a questionable area.

5. nickelodeon

what you mean breaking the encryption?

6. Di3t_C0ke

Di3t_C0ke Banned

yes u do need to hook ur xbox through a router and up to ur comp. Because a normal PC cannot read all the data thats on a Xbox game disc.

7. nickelodeon

ok then thankyou.

8. bookime wood

bookime wood

Howdy

I did some research on this last year, it can be quite a convoluted procedure, I have also read some of the newer x-box's are not very good for modding.

The following info is from Syber

things you will need.
    1. a modded xbox
    2. evolution x dashboard ( don't ask where do a search in google)
    3. crossover cable ( not a patch cable, a CROSSOVER CABLE)
    4. a dvd burner
    5. dvd burning program ( primo dvd or record now max)
    6. ftp program
    7. blank cdrw (not a cdr as the xbox will not read it)
    8. XISO

after you have located evolution x (EVOX), using XISO burn the files to a cdrw not a cdr. once done put it in the xbox and run it. scroll down to network make note of the IP address of the xbox. run your ftp program on the pc and create a new address using the IP of the xbox, press apply and connect and you can see the files on the xbox.
    first thing you want to do is backup xboxdash.xbe to the pc hard drive then rename the xboxdash.xbe on the xbox drive to xboxdash_old.xbe do not delete this file off the xbox drive now you can copy over the evox dashboard to the xbox drive.
    locate default.xbe and copy it over to the pc hard drive, from the pc copy it over to C/ on the xbox drive then rename it to xboxdash.xbe.
    you can now pop a xbox game into the xbox and then be able to read them in D/ and ftp the files to your hard drive make them an iso with XISO and burn them to a dvd

for legal reasons i will not go any deeper into this or update this thread, and this forum nor myself assume any responsibility if you destroy your xbox.

You might want to look here http://www.system-mods.com/cgi-bin/pd/kb.cgi?view=43&lang=en

regards

bookime

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/226678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice