making a bootable cd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pbman

I have an older Dell latitude CPI laptop. I want to upgrade the bios but it doesn't have a floppy. I was told to make a bootable cd and put the bios upgrade files on that disc.

What can I do, I have Nero 6

Thanks

DoubleHelix

Banned
Don't update the BIOS unless you absolutely have to. The risk isn't worth it.

Pbman

I understand the risks but , I want to install more memory and acording to Kingston I have the right boards. They make the laptop shut down. Kingston said that a bios update may solve the issue. I download the cd boot maker ,can anyone walk me through it? The read me files don't give much information.

Thanks

Pbman

maybe did something wrong, It burned a disc but as far as files there was only a txt file on it not start up type files

DoubleHelix

Banned
I don't see a way around not having a floppy especially if this is an older machine. If the BIOS is supposed to be updated from a bootable floppy, you have to somehow extract the update files and get them to a bootable CD and then know what to run to start the update.

Are you sure this laptop even supports booting from a CD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online