making a cd show images rather than tiles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sydsrivera

Not very savvy on the computer. When I make a cd of my photos it presents as tiles rather than thumbnails. Problem is that I making this for someone who does not have a computer. They want the cd so they can take it into their photo store and get prints. Any advice on what I need to do. Can I made a cd so that it shows images and they can still order from the cd. I have windows xp system.:confused:

Try putting all the files in a folder on your machine before you burn them and set the view inside the folder that you want to use.

Then go to Folder Options and enable viewing hidden files. You should see a hidden desktop.ini file inside the folder that contains the images. Burn the images to CD and be sure to include the desktop.ini file along with them.

(Use an RW if you have one. This is all thoeretical and I have not tried it.)

It probably makes no difference how the files display on your machine since printing software reads the files themselves.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online