1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

making a cd show images rather than tiles

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sydsrivera, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sydsrivera

sydsrivera Thread Starter

Not very savvy on the computer. When I make a cd of my photos it presents as tiles rather than thumbnails. Problem is that I making this for someone who does not have a computer. They want the cd so they can take it into their photo store and get prints. Any advice on what I need to do. Can I made a cd so that it shows images and they can still order from the cd. I have windows xp system.:confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try putting all the files in a folder on your machine before you burn them and set the view inside the folder that you want to use.

Then go to Folder Options and enable viewing hidden files. You should see a hidden desktop.ini file inside the folder that contains the images. Burn the images to CD and be sure to include the desktop.ini file along with them.

(Use an RW if you have one. This is all thoeretical and I have not tried it.)

It probably makes no difference how the files display on your machine since printing software reads the files themselves.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757991

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice