1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making a client address db, w/posting address's from an old index file

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by merina, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. merina

merina Thread Starter

How do I find a form in my 95 programme thats easy to make an address book??? in simple terms please

2. Rockn

Rockn

There is nothing native to Windoze that has an adderss book function. You could use Outlook Express and use the contacts for your address book. You can download it from MS web site as part of Internet Explorer.

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

hard to tell what you want

is it postal addresses, mainly for mailing
    or email addresses mainly for email?

postal addresses - can use a database, word processor, or spreadsheet progam, then print labels or merge addresses into letters, envelopes etc

email addresses - use the feature in your email program

in either case, you can usually import the information from an existing text format into the software you want to use

all, of course, depending what software program you want to use

what windows (95, 98, me, etc) and software programs do you have,
    & which programs are you most familar with (ie word, excel, wordperfect, lotus etc)

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    And what program is it in now?

5. merina

merina Thread Starter

I want to be able to just type in somewhere, i am ok with word, my old client info files from an old card file system so put in the name mailing address, tel numbers etc, and then get the info to do a mail (post) shot.

It must be simple but i cannot find anything in 95.

stupid i know but its really annoying me

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    We can help you much better if provide answers to our questions. You say you are ok with Word, but don't tell us what other programs you have, as asked by jbcalg.

Anyway.

If you have Excel, this might be the best to use. Just put your column headings in row 1 and your first record/address in row two. I suggest you separate the columns like Lastname, Firstname, MI, etc., and also the address into StreetAddress, POBox/Other, City, State, Zip columns.

If you don't have Excel, you can do this in a table in Word just as easily.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice