1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making a domain user an admin in 2003 server?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by subnet_rx, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subnet_rx

subnet_rx Thread Starter

I log in to Windows 2003 server R2 through a domain (but on the local machine). I need my log on to be the admin over this local machine. Since the user details are stored on the domain, my username doesn't show up in local users and groups. How do I make a remote user an admin?

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

You may wish to have this subject moved to the Networking forum here at TSG it will get better coverage from all of the people there. To do this just click on the little triangle at the top right corner and ask a moderator to please move this thread.

3. subnet_rx

subnet_rx Thread Starter

Thanks, I'm unsure about where this would go because I'm on the local machine, but the login policy is through a domain. We basically went with 2003 Server to replicate a dev environment, but use it like XP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/518284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice