1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making a image a bigger file size..

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Thomas26, Nov 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Thomas26

Thomas26 Thread Starter

Hello there, this is my first post ever! Straight to the point.. I'm an actor and want to upload an image which is 29kb to my acting website Spotlight. However even though its a professional photo for advert it is too small a size for the site to allow. Is there any way of making an image a bigger file size? Attached is the picture. Any help would be appreciated.

Photo Too Small.
    Sorry - that image is too small for publication. Images submitted to Spotlight must be at least 500 pixels wide by 500 pixels high - on a digital camera, that's about 2 megapixels.

• If you're scanning your own photographs, try scanning at a higher resolution. We recommend at least 200dpi for 6"x4" prints, or at least 100dpi for 10"x8" prints.
    • If your photographer supplied your photographs on disc, there may be high-resolution copies in another folder.
    I

Attached Files:

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Your original was 800 pixels wide by 450 pixels high. Here it is stretched out it to 889 pixels wide by 500 pixels high.

[​IMG]

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I think the size they are referring to is the pixel size and that picture is 800 x 450 so you need to increase the height to at least 500.
    You can do that in PAINT which is part of Windows. Open the picture with Paint, click Resize, select Pixels and increase the height to 500, or whatever you want above that, then save it and see if it will upload to the website now.

4. Thomas26

Thomas26 Thread Starter

Thank SpywareDr and managed!

I was hoping you could help me yet again.. The picture needs to be me alone without any advertisements/logos and still big enough pixels to upload. I dont know how to do this and make it look nice.. (matching the background over the UTEAM logo) will offer a little payment if so.

5. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

6. Thomas26

Thomas26 Thread Starter

oh my word... you sir are worth your wait in GOLD. I wish i was tech guy but took to the stage. I am so happy. If you want a little payment for your trouble pm me!

7. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

(y) Thanks. No payment necessary. Took a couple of minutes to find a matching pic online and then crop it to 500 x 500.

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice