1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making a new PC need help thanks.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarKeXistenZ, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DarKeXistenZ

DarKeXistenZ Thread Starter

Hello.

First of all thanks for reading this and sorry if i am not clear enough or english not perfect.
    I'l get right down to it.
    I wanna build a new PC for gaming ( mostly for Skyrim ) and i want it to run really well at high FPS and everything that i would need for it to werk well ( keep in mind that i want to mod skyrim meaning it will make it go alot slower.
    I have a budget and i would like to know any sudgestions on what would be better please?
    Graphic card:
    1- Gainward nVidia GTX960, 426018336-3392, 2GB GDDR5, 128bit
    2- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960, N960IX0C-2GD, 2GB GDDR5, 128bit
    3- MSI GeForce GTX 960, GTX 960 GAMING 2G, 2GB GDDR5, 128bit
    4- Asus nVidia Strix GeForce GTX 960, STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5, 4GB GDDR5, 128bit ( a bit more expensive 25% more would like to know if its worth getting it compared to the others above )
    5- GIGABYTE nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 N770OC-2GD, 2048MB GDDR5, 256bit ( same price as the 4th )
    Or would you sudgest something else besides these i listed that i found on a site.

Keep im mind i do not know what is compatible or not please i would like to know ALL the parts i need for a PC to be build from 0. I want it a good gaming PC.
    So from what i told you what would be better? considering costs and compatibility what GPU / CPU and all the other parts that i need for a new built PC to run ( i do need to know what pieces i need exactly so that its compatible with each other, i have no idea if its a big deal or not but ive heard some people had problems with compatibility )

Thanks again and il wait for reply and questions if i was not clear enough. (edited )

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. The information we need is as I explained on your earlier topic
    http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1142761-new-pc.html

to which you did not rely

2. From your earlier topic
    If you are intending to build your own system - then how this advice is usually offered- is that you put together your parts list - using for instance something like this
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

or this
    http://www.newegg.com/

and you then provide us with your selected parts list and links

We then check the parts for compatibility and possibly if necessary advise on alternatives and why.

Without such an input from you - it is too wide a question to advise on as we do not know your budget - as you said - all the parts must total within your budget.

3. Regarding the posted information on this topic - the graphic cards - we cannot advise on
    on compatibility until we know what motherboard, CPU and other parts.

4. Whilst we are keen to help - we need you to make some suggestions and
    it is beneficial to know what the budget is

5. If you do not have the knowledge to put together a list of what parts you intend using to your budget and requirements including
    A. Computer Case
    B. Motherboard
    C. CPU
    D. Ram
    E. Graphics card
    F. PSU
    G. Hard drives
    H. DVD Drive/s

as a minimum starting point, then with respect, the ideal of building your own system is not really a viable proposition

6. The starting point was the link I sent you on your earlier topic
    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/guide/

but as I have said, without some degree of knowledge, I would caution against the idea of a self build. Please be assured that whilst some people have been successful in their first build - without any real experience of the job, many have made construction errors and at the cost of the failure of the brand new motherboard or CPU

Even if you have never built a system before, some knowledge of the inside of a computer and taking out and replacing parts is in my opinion vital.

3. DarKeXistenZ

"1. The information we need is as I explained on your earlier topic
    http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1142761-new-pc.html "

That was a really old post ( my first one actualy ) and on it i asked what can i change on my curent PC... the thing is the PC broke down and i had no PC for 2 months or a way to get a new one.
    Sorry for not replying but i could not. I'm using my gf's PC right now.

2. im bad at PCs so i didnt know it was such a wide question sorry thats why i asked for suport.
    Oh and budget can escalate depending on how good the parts are and if a cheaper part lets say its 2 times cheaper but only 10% better or something like that... im interested to be worth the money so ignore the budget for now. ( sorry if its confusing i have no idea what im doing the only time i open my PC is to clean it up )

3. so if i list a number of parts for each part would that be ok for you to check compatibility?

4. well my budged would be aroud 800-1000~( more if necesary ) US $ but my prices may be diferent ( im really pozitive they are lower then in UK ) for example the first 3 graphics cards i listed are 250 US$

5. Well if the idea of building one is not good... then should i list some premade PCs i find and you tell me if they are good for gaming?

6. is this link https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/guide/ like with PC you can order build or just showing full PC compatible parts?

and regarding the degree of knowledge any sudgestions where should i start?

Oh and dont worry about time zone i'm 2 hours ahead of you so its kinda same ( and late reply or not i still apreciate it )
    Sorry if my english is not perfect its not my first language and i didnt actualy study it in school.

Thanks again for the help.

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

With respect on the other topic you asked

not just about the

We are keen to help
    If you go to he link I sent you - the one you list at 6 on this topic - you can see the build guide
    So you firstly click on the top budget figure and change it - HAVING configured the location on the top right of the screen to the USA to get it in dollars

you then use the rest of the panel on the left and perhaps wish to look at some of the offered setups in the main window

The advantages of building your own system and I have built a few both for myself, relatives and friends is that you then HAVE exactly what you want, YOU also of course know the system and are far better able to solve future hardware problems and if necessary upgrades
    Many built systems come with cheaper Power supplies, just as one way of keeping to a market acceptable price and as I have said, you get what is offered rather than exactly what you want

As to if you should try and build your system - as the first ever build - my advice has always been this
    THIS is how I started

Go to the local computer shop, they may well have a computer to which you can attach your monitor, keyboard and mouse, that is waiting to be discarded, when someone has taken it in for advice on upgrading and bought a new computer from them.

It is no use going to one of the giant multiples, you want the small local shop.

It does not matter if the computer has NO Operating system and even no hard drive, as it will still boot up and post

You then take that computer COMPLETELY to pieces.

If when you re-assemble it still boots, you will have learnt more about the job, than I can ever tell you on this forum.

If it does not boot you then explore WHY

If it goes with a big bang and smoke, then you know, that this was the best practice job, rather than seeing the same with the brand new expensive parts

5. jamesx121

jamesx121

You said you want to mod skyrim.
    Unless the 980gtx or the 970gtx is out
    of your budget don't buy the 960gtx.
    the 960gtx will run okay but you won't be happy
    with the results.
    I have the Asus Strip 960gtx. I regret buying it.
    this graphics card is not strong enough to play
    the latest games at the highest settings.

6. DarKeXistenZ

Well i can get a 970gtx... for me 960 or 970 its just a 10 number diference... i do not know exactly what else but from what you said aparently its a big deal.
    for example would this be good ?
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/guide/D4MnTW/the-real-great-gaming-build-manirellis-was-nothing-but-lies Total: £811.95
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/guide/mkJ7YJ/1200-awesome-affordable-gaming-rig Total: £941.25

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice