Making an animated avatar?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

belveder

I have an avatar that I would like to make into an animated one but I have no idea what to do, could someone please help out?

Many thanks in advance

Yes I would also like to know. I was once taught it when I was in High School, but I now forget.

You need to make it into a gif file.

you can download many programs that make it easy to make gifs. Avatars are usually gifs by the way, as gifs are the simplest form of images that "move"

Download a trial version of paint Shop Pro, that has a gif maker. Once you have it made you can happily upload it as your avatar.

Or you can get a trial version of Ulead Gif Animator at the below address:

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=gif&tg=dl-2001

Hope this helps!

buck52

Banned
belveder said:
I have an avatar that I would like to make into an animated one but I have no idea what to do, could someone please help out?

Many thanks in advance
What do you want it to do?
What does it look like?

If you just want it to spin or something basic like that, then any animation program will do the trick on ther other hand if, say for example, you want the avatar you currently have to wink you basicly have to create a whole new picture with the eye closed then join the two with an animation program. The more complex the movement the more time and artistic ability required.

buck

Attachments

belveder

This is the image

what i was hoping for is kind of a spinning effect, I don't know how this works so I don't know how hard what I am asking is.

Would it be possible to have the background transparent or do something so that the background isn't just a suare?

buck52

Banned
Most animation programs can add a simple spin effect.

The tranparency can be done in conjunction with a graphics program or at a place like GIFWorks

If i were you I'd grab the free version of PSP the hewee linked to which comes with Animation shop3...a very easy and competent animator...a play around a little

I could do it for you but you wouldn't learn anything that way... ;)

buck

buck52

Banned
buck52 said:
I could do it for you but you wouldn't learn anything that way... ;)
However... If you don't feel like foolin' around...

here you go... ;)

might be to big pixel size and file size depending where you use it

buck

Attachments

belveder

Thanks for all your help, I used Animation Shop then went to gif works like you said, it's pretty cool stuff

Anyhow this is what I ended up with

mmm, now I have 2 lol

Thanks again

belveder

I decided to go with yours lol. I have one more question now,

I have come up with this new avatar, attached I hope, is it possible to have some text on the black background of it that will not show on the coloured opening part of it?

Attachments

buck52

Banned
sure... you have to add it to each frame though for it to look good

you can add text to the last frame for this look...see attached

give me a minute and I'll improve it...

Attachments

belveder

The last one is exactly what I wanted to do, but would you please be able to change it to G'DAY (I'm an Australian and this seems more natural).

Thanks again

Guyzer

Guy
belveder said:
Thanks for all your help, I used Animation Shop then went to gif works like you said, it's pretty cool stuff

Anyhow this is what I ended up with

mmm, now I have 2 lol

Thanks again
No offense to Buck but I like the one you came up with.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online