1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making beep sound when I start.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shinokada, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shinokada

shinokada Thread Starter

One of my computer makes beeping sound when I start it. It lasts for ever and the computer does not start. So I push a restart button until it does not make any sound and start nicely. I have to do it more than 10 times and it takes more than 15 min to start XP pro.
    I am planning to reinstall xp pro. But will it stop the sound ? Or is it something wrong with hard wares?

I also tried to reinstall xp pro. I set up the boot drive in the cd rom, but I am not able to reboot from cd rom either.
    What can I do ?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. ademzuberi

ademzuberi

3. DataBase

DataBase

Try another PSU could be that your current one is faulty.

4. shinokada

shinokada Thread Starter

Try another PSU? What is that ? (Sorry for my ignorance.) How do you do that?

5. DataBase

DataBase

PSU stands for power supply unit, you say you have to restart computer several times before it works, this *could* be due to a failing psu, however there are other software related issues that could be the cause, my guess however is the PSU, if you can, either test you current one with a multimeter if you know how to, or replace the old one with a new one.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/684806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice