Making BF2 run on one processor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Silverfire

Ok well my problems still persist.. We have tried pretty much everything and it was suggested to me that I try making BF2 run on one processor insted of 2... The only way I know to do this is using task manager when you alt tab out of the game. Anyone tell me how I can set it to run on only one without having the game running? Considering whenever I try to run the game it crashes to the desktop after hitting a black screen right at the start up.

System specs are:

Video Card name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: alienware
System Model: D900K
BIOS: KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.00.03
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM

You still have answered the questions people asked in your last post, how can we help if you don't want to tell us everything.
Can I ask? dose it crash just after the bf2 logo comes up or dose it go into full screen?

Silverfire

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: alienware
System Model: D900K
BIOS: KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.00.03
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 319MB used, 3619MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce Go 7800 GTX

Description: Realtek AC97 Audio

GripS
Power supply you are using. That would be helpful in tracking this issue down.

Have you checked system stability with prime95 and have you checked the RAM with memtest?
these you didn't answer in your last thread.
And you never answered what I asked here
Can I ask? dose it crash just after the bf2 logo comes up or dose it go into full screen?

Silverfire

I will run the ram test in just a sec. Power supply is wall outlet. As far as the crashing goes. Bassicly I click the shortcut and the battlefield logo pops up on the screen. Then it goes to a black screen and right back to desktop.

Power supply is wall outlet.
The wall outlet plugs into the back off your computer thats your power supply and they come in defferent ratings off watts, some lower may not give the required supply to your video card.
If you open your computer up on the power supply somewhere it may have how many watts, it may even be on the back and you can see without opening it.Also the make off power supply might be helpfull.

Silverfire

Got it running on a 20v Battery now. I honestly dont think its a power problem. From the EA people ive talked to they seemed to get it down to something with the screen resoultion or dual processors. But thats about where the help with them ended and they just started giving me the ol run around.

You really need to learn what a 'power supply' is. It's not where the electricity comes from. It's the unit inside your computer that distributes power to the various components. If your power supply is a poor quality unit, it can cause all kinds of problems, including the crashing you are describing.

Although I find it hard to believe Alienware would put a crummy power supply in your machine, you still need to learn this stuff to troubleshoot your system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online