Making Folder Views Permanent

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MikeC613

Is there a registry entry or file that saves the window position, size and view of my folders. I have over 200 cds and they are all viewed in a folder of particular size in details view with just name and duration columns. I often get a new hard drive to accomadate my growing music archive and re-install windows. Whenever this occurs the folder views all reset. This as you can imagine is a major pain in the ***. All the folders are subfolders of one main directory. What can i do to make the settings of these folders PERMENANT... possibly a reg entry that i can save and run to put all the settings back.. or a file the remmebers all the settings. This information has to be saved somewhere, i just need to know where. Someone please help... Thank You

Where do you see a duration heading? You must be referring to a window for an external application. What file format are your CD's in? Need some more information and specifics...maybe even a screenshot

MikeC613

Im running windows XP, perhaps that is where the duration heading is from. All of my cds are in MP3 format. I attached a screenshot of my desktop and the windows of which i wish to make the views permenant. Once again Im looking for something along the lines of the file or reg entry that saves windows view settings, this way perhaps when i reinstall or anything like that i can put all the settings back to the way i like them, either by importing registry information or perhaps using some sort of file. Thanks again...

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online