Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Making forms in Word 2003

1K views 20 replies 3 participants last post by  slurpee55 
#1 ·
I have a problem! I made a form field in Word and placed a second form field right after the first field. When I started to fill the first field the second just moves closer to the right side of the page. How can I keep the fields form moving. I locked the form fields but that makes no difference. Thanks for your help.

#5 ·
You gave me a good idea. I tried to put it in tables but guess what? When I tried to fill it out it worked fine until I just kept adding to it. As soon as I went beyond it began to move everything over as before. Bummer! I think putting it in a table will help but it still moves if you fill out too much. I would think there is a way to keep it frorm moving.

Art Miller

#11 ·
jimr381
I thought i had it all straight but I see i don't. I have attached a sample. Notice that in the 1st cell I have assigned 30 spaces. If I fill the spaces with w's for instance it will push the end to the right. The second sell beneath is 20 spaces. It will just fill those 20 spaces and stop. So I guess I need to just make sure I don't have too many spaces. That seems strange that I can't just assign just so much space and let it be filled and not worry about going over. Art

#17 ·
pintoman, highlight all of your table and right-click, go to Table Properties. On the Tables tab, go to options. Uncheck "Automatically resize to fit contents". Go to the Cell tab, click Options and uncheck Wrap text and check Fit text. Click okay and close Properties. The text in a cell will get smaller rather than resizing the cell to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.