1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making highlight film....Nero 7 Ultra

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by the_one3630, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_one3630

the_one3630 Thread Starter

Help. I know I'm being a little lazy, but I've been sifting through these help manuals for a while, and I have to put together a highlight reel soon! If someone can just point me in the right direction I know I can get the rest...

I've been filming my football games with a JVC- Everio HDD camcorder, I have Nero 7 Ultra. What I want to do is make a DVD highlight film while adding my own soundtrack. Which app do I use? Thanks in advance.

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

Thats a camera that captures mpeg2 files, notoriously difficult to edit. (The idea is to edit generic avi files then convert to mpeg2 for distribution on DVD's) Editing of MPEG files does not guarantee you a 100% success rate because MPEG files are compressed. That means MPEG2 video have frames that with incomplete information. To save space, sections or parts of the clip that did not change from the previous frame are not saved. These may be called B or P frames. Frames with complete information are called "i Frames". If a non-i-frame is used for editing, the video quality will probably decrease; as well as having a possible problem with the audio/video sync. It will also require heavy CPU usage because of decompression/compression process thus increasing the possibility that the rendering will fail.

Check out Ulead---they might have something you can use.

3. thecoalman

thecoalman

I'll second that, Ulead has what it calls "smart render". It only reencodes what it has to reducing quality loss and greatly speeding up encoding times. As mentioned above MPEG is not made to be editied but if you use tools made for editing MPEG your results will be much better. IOn a nutshell Nero isn't very good for anything if quality is goal. It will also have more features than Nero..... Video Studio is there consumer editor. less that $100.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice