1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making images bigger..

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Thomas26, Apr 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Thomas26

Thomas26 Thread Starter

Hello there!

Late last year I ran into a problem of not being able to make images bigger for acting profiles. A lovely chap called SpywareDr just did it for me inside the forum. Sadly I can't seem to message him directly and not pester the community once more for effectively the same problem! I understand it can be done through Mircosoft Paint quite easily.. but what about a Google Chromebook? If I learn how I won't ever need help again!

"Photo Too Small.
    Sorry - that image is too small for publication. Images submitted to Spotlight must be at least 500 pixels wide by 500 pixels high - on a digital camera, that's about 2 megapixels."

The uploaded images are the original and the zoomed distance I need for my profiles, when I attempt to upload the 'closeheadshot.jpg' it is too small. I know this will be an easy fix for you guys, I was best at drama, music, and art in school, not computers and math!

Attached Files:

2. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

the closeup is only 432x540...are you just wanting to enlarge it? for things like that,i use photoscape.it's free.below is your image resized to 500x625 using photoscape
    closeheadshot.jpg

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Here's 500x500 pixels @125kb

Making a picture bigger does not increase the Clarity/Resolution.
    For example ...
    Making a pic 2 times bigger only means it will look the same (resolution) when viewed twice as far away.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  4. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

@Noyb..no,it does not make it any clearer by enlarging it,in fact,it becomes more pixelated.however,if you have noticed,my image is still as clear as the original.In fact it is clearer then the one you posted.I only changed the first value (width) to keep the original without cropping as you did.you will only notice pixelation if you enlarge the image by half or more.
    He said "At Least" of 500x500. Which means there is no "maximum" heigth.That's why i left the heigth value the same to keep his original image.no cropping needed and still a perfectly clear image.If i were to double the pixels,then i would have more then likely used photoshop.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I didn't say its clearer ... (or mean to)
    Only in Hollywood (NCIS) can they enlarge a license plate 20 miles away .... and read it :D

I did use Photoshop ... If I didn't have Photoshop, I would have used Irfanview.
    Photoshop or Irfanview will (best guess) and add pixels if it needs to

Editing a jpg >> Saving it >> and Editing it again ... Turns it into a re-compression "Rumor"
    If possible ... Always save and edit the original.

:D I know ... You "best guessed" one way ... I went the other way :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice