1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making old printer wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bergerwine, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bergerwine

Bergerwine Thread Starter

I have an old printer that I want to make Bluetooth or wireless through Wi-Fi connection so I can print from phone. What is the next configuration to achieve this?

Thank you

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Bergerwine, and welcome to TSG.

If your printer has an Ethernet port and your wifi access point is a router with LAN ports, you may just need a suitable length Ethernet cable to connect the two.

Some higher end wifi access point / router combination devices include a USB port for connecting printers with a USB port.

We may be able to better assist you if you told us the brands and exact model numbers of your printer and current wifi access point.

3. Bergerwine

Bergerwine Thread Starter

Printer is Canon mg2420 with usb Cable to connect

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    If the printer is connected to a computer that also connects to the same router that is used by your cell phone, you could try posting your situation in our Android Mobile Devices forum. Someone there may be able to suggest a way to share the printer through the computer to the network so that your phone can use it.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You could try to find a wireless print server compatible with that particular printer.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice