1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

making os back up from partition without recovery disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scott7705, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott7705

scott7705 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1525 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 32651 MB, Free - 1212 MB;
    Motherboard: DIXONSXP, DIXONSXP, ,
    Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2011, Updated and Enabled

My specs are as above, what i need to do is make a copy of my os off the partition set aside on my hdd, i got my laptop couple years ago and as u can see it has a small hdd, it came with os installed and no recovery disk creator or recovery disk, only a drivers disk. i want to create a recovery disk and then wipe the os partition to get the extra 5.5 GB that it take up, my drive is 40GB and i can only access 32GB approx. I cannot afford to buy a new os disk or to send off for one, i tried the toshiba recovery disk creator as my hdd is a TOSHIBA MK3402GSX ATA DEVICE, on disk management i see that the bit i want to access is 5.37GB and it says 'healthy(EISA configuration)', the other says '31.89 GB NTFS (healthy, system,boot,pagefile,active,crashdump). Can anyone help, this has been stumping me for months! Last time i had to pay 50 quid to get it restored because i had no disks, i was paying my mum back for a month!
    i am editing this as i have got a system report from Acronis that shows the extra partition i think its name is 'BUILTIN' but i'm not sure as i am not quite sure what i'm looking for! i have included 3 of the reports which i think relate to my issue.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice