Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

making os back up from partition without recovery disk

607 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  scott7705 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1525 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 32651 MB, Free - 1212 MB;
Motherboard: DIXONSXP, DIXONSXP, ,
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2011, Updated and Enabled

My specs are as above, what i need to do is make a copy of my os off the partition set aside on my hdd, i got my laptop couple years ago and as u can see it has a small hdd, it came with os installed and no recovery disk creator or recovery disk, only a drivers disk. i want to create a recovery disk and then wipe the os partition to get the extra 5.5 GB that it take up, my drive is 40GB and i can only access 32GB approx. I cannot afford to buy a new os disk or to send off for one, i tried the toshiba recovery disk creator as my hdd is a TOSHIBA MK3402GSX ATA DEVICE, on disk management i see that the bit i want to access is 5.37GB and it says 'healthy(EISA configuration)', the other says '31.89 GB NTFS (healthy, system,boot,pagefile,active,crashdump). Can anyone help, this has been stumping me for months! Last time i had to pay 50 quid to get it restored because i had no disks, i was paying my mum back for a month!
i am editing this as i have got a system report from Acronis that shows the extra partition i think its name is 'BUILTIN' but i'm not sure as i am not quite sure what i'm looking for! i have included 3 of the reports which i think relate to my issue.

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.