1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making pictures smaller.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Solid_Froggy, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Solid_Froggy

Solid_Froggy Thread Starter

Hello, I am in the process of making my own site and it is basically just going to be pictures. Throughout my experince on the Internet I have found some funny pictures and have saved them. I was wondering if there is any way I can decrease the size of some of the pictures to make all of them one size? I would like my site to be a nice, organized site so if there are any tips you can provide for me on how to do that it will be very helpful. Also, in your opinion, what is the best free web-host to use and what are some good URL convetors? You know like www.freewebs.com/somesitehere and change it to www.somethinghere.sg.com. Thanks for your help.

Also, how do I put a "waterdrop" or "watermark" on my site?

2. Solid_Froggy

(Those arent real websites)

3. xgerryx

xgerryx

Irfanview works really good.
    Google will find it for you.

4. Solid_Froggy

I don't want to use programs though.

5. buck52

buck52 Banned

I'm curious how you invision doing it without a program

buck

6. Solid_Froggy

I dont know, isn't there just some option in Paint to like Resize all photos to a certain size? Like resizing every picture at the same time.

7. xgerryx

xgerryx

No, not in paint. The program I mentioned in #2 is very lightweight (a bit over 800 Kbs)
    and only takes a couple of minutes to download and it has batch processing which is what you are after. And it is free.

8. Solid_Froggy

Ya, i downloaded it. I'm on 56K so i wouldn't want to download something like 30MB. Glad it was 800k! Problem solved! (y)

9. xgerryx

xgerryx

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

I am a bit curious as to why you would be looking into "watermarking" when you freely admit that you have taken the pics from the web? If you saved them in the first place, they belong to someone else. Why would you think you can "watermark" them to protect them for yourself? You really are not allowed to use them at all, much less claim them as your own. Even if you edit them in some way, it doesn't make them yours.

11. Solid_Froggy

Opps, I said I got them from the web? I meant my digital camera. I got some from Yosemite National Park (moose in the road), and a lot other places when I went on a trip in my grandparents motor-home. Sorry, guess i wasnt thinking when I wrote my post.

12. buck52

buck52 Banned

"Opps, I said I got them from the web? I meant my digital camera."

yeah right

"Throughout my experince on the Internet I have found some funny pictures and have saved them. "

I believe you... even if no one else does... :rolleyes:

buck

13. Solid_Froggy

...seriously man. I wasn't thinking. :eek:

14. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

It's not the taking from the web,.........It's the watermarking to re-use them so no one will steal them from you. :(

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice