1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Making Xbox compatable VCD with Nero 5.5

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jporter182, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jporter182

jporter182 Thread Starter

I have been trying to make VCDs with nero 5.5.10.x and I swear i came across a check box that said something to the effect of "make compatable with Xbox". Now I can't find that. Was I just dreaming or will Nero really do that? If anyone knows how to do this, or somehow make VCDs for Xbox please let me know. Thanks

2. xXTiKiXx

xXTiKiXx

You must have been dreaming... Nero can basically only burn DVD's and CD-R/RW's. If you wanted to, you could get a chip to be placed into your XBox which would cost arounf $200-$500. And I doubt they even have one out for XBox. So, either pay lots of money for something that i doubt exists.. or find another program..

3. jporter182

Okay, well i was just being sarcastic, I am pretty sure i saw the option. and maybe i didn't make myself clear. I don't want to burn games. I want to burn MPEG and AVI files as VCD (video cds) that are playable in most component dvd players, but not the xbox. So if anyone has done this or knows another way to do this please let me know, thanks.

4. jporter182

okay, i found it, it is under burn UDF, and it says, "Force DVD compatibility mode - required for xbox compatability" i've attached a screen shot, does anyone know what this is for?

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!