1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

malfunctioning laptop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ogunkua, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ogunkua

ogunkua Thread Starter

pls my hp pavilion laptop just stopped working, it fails to boot, is it a symptom of crashing? pls help

2. Specsnow

Specsnow

Hi there,

This depends on what it is doing. Does it turn on and start loading Windows, and just doesn't go all the way? Or does it not turn on? or does it turn on but you cannot see the screen? If you describe the problem a little more, I can help you diagnose it and probably fix it also.

3. ogunkua

ogunkua Thread Starter

Dear specksnow, thanks so much for your concern and efforts, the hp pavilion laptop after booting to desktop, fails or crashes, the screen just go blurr, with black and white stripes.

in another booting trial, it might not respond to booting.

i observe the processor light indicator is not flashing, whereas the power and battery -LED lights are working.

but when the screen is not displaying anything, these lights are on , but the processor indicator is not flashing.
    thanks

4. Specsnow

Specsnow

I'd use your Windows Install CD and try either reinstalling Windows or performing a Repair Install of Windows. This should fix your problem, but if not, there are other things you can try also before you actually deam it "broken".

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What happens with a boot to Safe Mode?

6. crazlunatic

crazlunatic

Looks like a hardware problem to me. Have you contacted HP about this?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757269

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice