1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Malfunctioning printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BVR, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BVR

BVR Thread Starter

I have a Dell Computer with a Windows XP operating system. A few days ago I refilled my black Lexmark print cartridge. I use only this cartridge as I have no use for a color cartridge. I have a Lexmark 510 Series Printer. I have not experienced any difficulty using my printer previously as it has been quite reliable. When I loaded the black 16 print cartridge this time I could not get it the printer to operate. I finally got the printer to work after I added the blank color cartridge which I have not used for many years. The problem I am having now is that although the printer works, the document that is printed contains no printed material, only a completely blank document. I can't recall this ever happening previously. The printer is showing me that it contains a completely full black cartridge as it always has previously. I have tried a few times to print a document but the document contains no printer material. Please help. BVR

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

There may be some build up on the electrical contacts.
    Turn the printer off.
    Use a Q-tip with some isopropyl alchohol to clean the contacts
    on the cartridge and where it contacts in the printer.
    Reinstall the cartridge,turn on the printer and run some
    head cleaning cycles.
    If it still doesn't work,it may be time for a new cartridge.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice