1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Malicious Erasing of ALL my files-Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by HUBIE, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HUBIE

HUBIE Thread Starter

My files and file folders have been erased in Win2000 professional-and defragged.

I tried Iola and it is not bringing up a certain folder that I NEED that contains four years of work and writing. A lot of the files in the folder are in notepad text-some in word. The backup CD was smashed. :mad:

What can I do? Any hope? THX

2. rude

rude

You may have to download a file recovery program.In your position,I would go to Google here:http://www.google.ca/ and search for a file recovery program ASAP

3. HUBIE

HUBIE Thread Starter

I have tried every one today that might help to recover word and text files.

Spent all day. Is there one that is specialized for word and text docs? Help, please!

My entire writing career for 4 years is GONE.

4. Pancake

Pancake

Have you tried www.winhex.net they have a trial one and one called Davory. Hope it works for you..let me know

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221160

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice