1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Malware affecting Google Chrome?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Jazerer, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazerer

Jazerer Thread Starter

Hey, I recently downloaded what I now know as a malicious program which I thought I had completely removed due to having a security malware program. I have since then encountered slow google chrome browsing (i.e. if I type in youtube.com, it will take a while before it loads which wasn't like this before I downloaded the file. Internet connection is not the issue since I have another computer which runs fine). I have tried resetting my computer through command console, have tried re-installing google chrome and also completely reset back to default. Since the chrome on my other computer is fine, then it must just only has to do with the PC that I have downloaded the file on. I used to have an issue with a pop-up website search/fe or something, but it has since not shown itself since I removed all the files and reset anything. However the problem of having it load super slowly still persists. I don't know if this helps, but it seems like it takes a while to "verify" the secure website (top of the search bar next to the left). But if I was on youtube and I click a video while it is already secured, it seems to have normal/below average website load time as maybe it has already verified/loaded. I have tried a bunch of other "tips/tricks" but to no avail, doesn't help at all. If you need more information about my computer let me know what you need and I can provide it to you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice