1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Malware? ave.exe, mgrnif.sys, Windows Security Center

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by skyliner33v, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skyliner33v

skyliner33v Thread Starter

Hello,

New to forums and greatly appreciate any and all the help that is provided here.

Quick breakdown of my situation:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
    32-bit
    Always kept updated regularly
    Anti-Virus: AVG Free 9.0

Started getting notifications from a "windows security center" in lower right of screen stating my computer is infected, and to purchase and register their program. Figured I got hit with something. Of course I didn't follow any of their links.

Internet started redirecting itself to spam sites. Couldn't open any .exe for example Internet explorer. Kept giving me a message to choose the program I wanted to open iexplorer.exe with. Kept getting notifications of infections, intrusions, etc... from "Windows Security Center". It turned off my firewall and disabled any spyware, malware, virus scanner from running. I can hear my hard drive spinning like crazy even when I don't have anything running on the screen.

Downloaded SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, HitmanPro35 to a flash drive. Booted to safe mode. Finally got it to run above programs and ran them a few times, rebooting to safe mode between each run. Kept finding an ave.exe and a mgrnjf.sys infections, along with a "rogue" trojan, and other misc items. Couldn't delete them after first runs. Seemed to fix it after a couple times. Spent most of yesterday and today running scanners and trying to fix it myself.

Now everything is almost back to normal. Expect I will still get internet redirects and opens new ie windows to spam sites, (seems to only happen in google searches though). I can run any scanner in without being in safe mode. Can now also open any .exe with no problems.

HitmanPro35 scan still shows mgrnif.sys. Malwarebytes shows nothing. Superantispyware shows nothing, and I can't ever understand HijackThis logs. I am also receiving error messages with HJT that I know nothing about.

So I know something is still on my computer, but I'm at the end of my technical knowledge with this and that is why I am posting here. I will post almost all my Malwarebytes logs and HJT logs and some screenshots of HitmanPro35 scan and HTJ error messages on a second post.

Sorry if I don't get the files in the correct time order, I will try to keep them in line.

Thanks again for any help.

2. skyliner33v

After First Scan

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.45
    www.malwarebytes.org
    Database version: 3944
    Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
    Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18904
    4/1/2010 3:54:05 PM
    mbam-log-2010-04-01 (15-54-05).txt
    Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
    Objects scanned: 303060
    Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 5 minute(s), 42 second(s)
    Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 6
    Registry Values Infected: 7
    Registry Data Items Infected: 2
    Folders Infected: 1
    Files Infected: 22
    Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)
    Memory Modules Infected:
    Registry Keys Infected:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\_VOID (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\_VOIDd.sys (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\MsMpEng.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\MpCmdRun.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    Registry Values Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\wvulabokogikewej (Trojan.Hiloti) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\mplay32xe.exe (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\poburukepu (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\poburukepu (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ihudub (Trojan.Agent.U) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.ExeFile) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Rogue.MultipleAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    Registry Data Items Infected:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.StartMenuInternet) -> Bad: ("C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\ave.exe" /START "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe") Good: (iexplore.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\(default) (Hijacked.exeFile) -> Bad: (secfile) Good: (exefile) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    Folders Infected:
    C:\Windows\_VOIDvctnnfdhyo (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    Files Infected:
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\wuntoce.dll (Trojan.Hiloti) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\mplay32xe.exe (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CF3CMT53\s21aclt[1].exe (Trojan.Clicker) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CF3CMT53\fwevpovto[1].htm (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G91DBONT\fwelcx[1].htm (Trojan.Hiloti) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G91DBONT\fwevpovto[1].htm (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G91DBONT\oriqbjdp[1].htm (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G91DBONT\yptozgozmu[1].htm (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G91DBONT\hypwhc[1].htm (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SLC33N3L\oriqbjdp[1].htm (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Z8GVX0U7\wzdcjrp[1].htm (Rogue.MultipleAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\kjiipo.exe (Trojan.Hiloti) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\PrintBrmUia.exe (Trojan.Clicker) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\asdA1D9.tmp.exe (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\asdE4E3.tmp.exe (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Windows\System32\_VOIDdnvrowpbri.dll (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Windows\System32\_VOIDqctqauwujg.dll (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Windows\System32\_VOIDtggemfltoa.dll (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mgrnjf.sys (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\_VOIDkiptdjcqep.dat (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\_VOIDfae9.tmp (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\otiligizoyowoh.dll (Trojan.Agent.U) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

3. skyliner33v

After 4th scan

www.malwarebytes.org
    Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 (Safe Mode)
    4/1/2010 10:35:04 PM
    mbam-log-2010-04-01 (22-35-04).txt
    Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
    Objects scanned: 291579
    Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 6 minute(s), 15 second(s)
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 2
    Registry Data Items Infected: 1
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 2
    Memory Modules Infected:
    Registry Keys Infected:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.ExeFile) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Rogue.MultipleAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.StartMenuInternet) -> Bad: ("C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\ave.exe" /START "iexplore.exe") Good: (iexplore.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    Folders Infected:
    Files Infected:
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe (Rogue.MultipleAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\ave.exe (Rogue.MultipleAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

4. skyliner33v

After 4th scan of Malewarebytes

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 10:46:10 PM, on 4/1/2010
    Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.00.1906 SP2)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18904)
    Running processes:
    C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\AnitVirus Shortcuts\HijackThis.exe
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.igoogle.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer provided by Dell
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    R3 - URLSearchHook: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
    O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - MRI_DISABLED - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll
    O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
    O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
    O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.5.4723.1820\swg.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {b16f788a-9456-4a59-a0d2-b593acdcc2bd} - C:\ProgramData\najeriwa\najeriwa.dll (file missing)
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe /logon
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonSolutionMenu] C:\Program Files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe /logon
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mxomssmenu] "C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch Status\maxmenumgr.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OEM02Mon.exe] C:\Windows\OEM02Mon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG9_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxWatchTray] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray10.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\CinePlayer\DMXLauncher.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O4 - Startup: Dell Dock.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe
    O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Google Sidewiki... - res://C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\GoogleToolbarDynamic_mui_en_96D6FF0C6D236BF8.dll/cmsidewiki.html
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nlaapi.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\napinsp.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll
    O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International
    O13 - Gopher Prefix:
    O16 - DPF: {0C92900E-4D5A-4F04-ACC9-729E1767BBAE} (Image Uploader Control) - http://www.ritzpix.com/net/Uploader/LPUploader45.cab
    O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/2008.10.10_v5.5.8/FacebookPhotoUploader5.cab
    O16 - DPF: {8100D56A-5661-482C-BEE8-AFECE305D968} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/2009.07.28_v5.5.8.1/FacebookPhotoUploader55.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C7DEDA04-2FFF-4B81-AE66-0A0E0EF4AD2F} (Image Uploader Control) - http://www.ritzpix.com/net/Uploader/LPUploader57.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
    O18 - Protocol: avgsecuritytoolbar - {F2DDE6B2-9684-4A55-86D4-E255E237B77C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
    O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgpp.dll
    O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
    O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll,C:\ProgramData\lapujide\lapujide.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: GoToAssist - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\igfxdev.dll
    O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\aestsrv.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Nalpeiron Licensing Service (ASTSRV) - Nalpeiron Ltd. - C:\Windows\system32\ASTSRV.EXE
    O23 - Service: AVG Security Toolbar Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\ToolbarBroker.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG Free WatchDog (avg9wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: Dock Login Service (DockLoginService) - Stardock Corporation - C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DockLogin.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehstart.dll,-101 (ehstart) - Unknown owner - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
    O23 - Service: FsUsbExService - Teruten - C:\Windows\system32\FsUsbExService.Exe
    O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2aservice.exe" Start=service (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @gpapi.dll,-112 (gpsvc) - Unknown owner - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /svc (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
    O23 - Service: Canon Inkjet Printer/Scanner/Fax Extended Survey Program (IJPLMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Canon\IJPLM\IJPLMSVC.EXE
    O23 - Service: Intuit Update Service (IntuitUpdateService) - Intuit Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Maxtor Service (Maxtor Sync Service) - Seagate Technology LLC - C:\Program Files\Maxtor\Sync\SyncServices.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\qwave.dll,-1 (QWAVE) - Unknown owner - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 10 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 10\RoxioUPnPRenderer10.exe
    O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 11 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate\Digital Home 11\RoxioUPnPRenderer11.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Roxio Upnp Server 10 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 10\RoxioUpnpService10.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server 10 (RoxLiveShare10) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare10.exe
    O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB10 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB10.exe
    O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 10 (RoxWatch10) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch10.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\seclogon.dll,-7001 (seclogon) - Unknown owner - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
    O23 - Service: SessionLauncher - Unknown owner - C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DX9\SessionLauncher.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\STacSV.exe
    O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
    O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

5. skyliner33v

5th Scan

www.malwarebytes.org
    Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 (Safe Mode)
    4/2/2010 5:24:38 AM
    mbam-log-2010-04-02 (05-24-38).txt
    Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
    Objects scanned: 291527
    Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 5 minute(s), 45 second(s)
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected:
    Registry Keys Infected:
    Folders Infected:
    Files Infected:

6. skyliner33v

After 5th scan of Malware

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 6:04:09 AM, on 4/2/2010
    Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.00.1906 SP2)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18904)
    Running processes:
    C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
    C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
    C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
    C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMYPRT.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch Status\MaxMenuMgr.exe
    C:\Windows\OEM02Mon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sigmatel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray10.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\CinePlayer\DMXLauncher.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
    C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
    C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
    C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
    C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\CPSHelpRunner10.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser_32.exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\AnitVirus Shortcuts\HijackThis.exe
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.igoogle.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer provided by Dell
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    R3 - URLSearchHook: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
    O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - MRI_DISABLED - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll
    O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
    O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
    O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.5.4723.1820\swg.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {b16f788a-9456-4a59-a0d2-b593acdcc2bd} - C:\ProgramData\najeriwa\najeriwa.dll (file missing)
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe /logon
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonSolutionMenu] C:\Program Files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe /logon
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mxomssmenu] "C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch Status\maxmenumgr.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OEM02Mon.exe] C:\Windows\OEM02Mon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG9_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxWatchTray] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray10.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\CinePlayer\DMXLauncher.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O4 - Startup: Dell Dock.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe
    O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Google Sidewiki... - res://C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\GoogleToolbarDynamic_mui_en_96D6FF0C6D236BF8.dll/cmsidewiki.html
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nlaapi.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\napinsp.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll
    O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International
    O13 - Gopher Prefix:
    O16 - DPF: {0C92900E-4D5A-4F04-ACC9-729E1767BBAE} (Image Uploader Control) - http://www.ritzpix.com/net/Uploader/LPUploader45.cab
    O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/2008.10.10_v5.5.8/FacebookPhotoUploader5.cab
    O16 - DPF: {8100D56A-5661-482C-BEE8-AFECE305D968} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/2009.07.28_v5.5.8.1/FacebookPhotoUploader55.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C7DEDA04-2FFF-4B81-AE66-0A0E0EF4AD2F} (Image Uploader Control) - http://www.ritzpix.com/net/Uploader/LPUploader57.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
    O18 - Protocol: avgsecuritytoolbar - {F2DDE6B2-9684-4A55-86D4-E255E237B77C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
    O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgpp.dll
    O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
    O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll,C:\ProgramData\lapujide\lapujide.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: GoToAssist - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\igfxdev.dll
    O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\aestsrv.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Nalpeiron Licensing Service (ASTSRV) - Nalpeiron Ltd. - C:\Windows\system32\ASTSRV.EXE
    O23 - Service: AVG Security Toolbar Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\ToolbarBroker.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG Free WatchDog (avg9wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: Dock Login Service (DockLoginService) - Stardock Corporation - C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DockLogin.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehstart.dll,-101 (ehstart) - Unknown owner - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
    O23 - Service: FsUsbExService - Teruten - C:\Windows\system32\FsUsbExService.Exe
    O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2aservice.exe" Start=service (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @gpapi.dll,-112 (gpsvc) - Unknown owner - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /svc (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
    O23 - Service: Canon Inkjet Printer/Scanner/Fax Extended Survey Program (IJPLMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Canon\IJPLM\IJPLMSVC.EXE
    O23 - Service: Intuit Update Service (IntuitUpdateService) - Intuit Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Maxtor Service (Maxtor Sync Service) - Seagate Technology LLC - C:\Program Files\Maxtor\Sync\SyncServices.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\qwave.dll,-1 (QWAVE) - Unknown owner - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 10 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 10\RoxioUPnPRenderer10.exe
    O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 11 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate\Digital Home 11\RoxioUPnPRenderer11.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Roxio Upnp Server 10 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 10\RoxioUpnpService10.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server 10 (RoxLiveShare10) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare10.exe
    O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB10 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB10.exe
    O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 10 (RoxWatch10) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch10.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\seclogon.dll,-7001 (seclogon) - Unknown owner - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
    O23 - Service: SessionLauncher - Unknown owner - C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DX9\SessionLauncher.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\STacSV.exe
    O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
    O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

7. skyliner33v

8. skyliner33v

Update:

ave.exe and mgrnjf.sys is showing back up on mbam and superanitspyware and hitmanpro. Actually, mgrnjf.sys never got deleted. Popups are more happening when following any search link. "Rogue" trojan popped back up as well. Windows security center cant turn on.

I tried to search mgrnjf.sys to find out what it was and there is nothing really that says what type of virus/malware/spyware this is. But it keeps popping up on the scanners as a rootkit. Does anybody know what the heck this is?

Please help! I don't know how to get rid of this and I'm afraid to do anything on the computer anymore for fear of losing everything.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914243

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice