1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Malware or a Virus or something -- corruption and lack of virtual memory?!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by xfoxfirex, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfoxfirex

xfoxfirex Thread Starter

It seems I have the absolute worst luck with this laptop, because here I am again with another virus or something.

This is my Dell C640 laptop, Windows XP. I have this ANG Antivirus program, (which my computer practically forced me to buy via consistant popups and lack of any other sort of virus protection, etc), and Spybot Search and Destroy, which I thought was working pretty well. Spybot started to send me these popups, which like an idiot, I didn't fully read. There was an ALLOW button and a DENY button, and I think for about three of them I hit Allow, and basically allowed all kinds of Malware into my computer.

Now my programs exit out by themselves, any type of Anti-Malware, Spyware anything becomes corrupted the moment it's saved to my computer so I can't use it, everything's freezing, programs already on my computer (such as Add or Remove Programs) won't open/are corrupted/ shut themselves off, and it's a mess. On top of that, I keep getting a little pop up saying I'm out of virtual memory? I'm wondering if that's actually relevant or if that's just my laptop being a jerk on top of anything else.

Help would be much appreciated. My computer technician takes multiple days to get my laptop back to me whenever I bring it to him. -.-

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/835615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice