Malware problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NES D Padder

I have windows XP and I recently went to a website (cant remember what it was). About 15 minutes later a pop up said i had malware. My computer keeps warning me. My adaware, spybot, and AVG antivirus (all free) wont get rid of it. Now a day later, I can not pull up the internet explorer page and the soyaxe program my computer automatically downloaded wont leave the page. What do I do? And also, is there a free program that is good that can deleat it?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Go here, click the "HijackThis Self Installer" link, download and save the HJTSetup.exe file, close your browser window, double-click the file to start the install, then direct it to install within the C:\PROGRAM FILES folder. Once it's been installed, it'll place an icon on the desktop and an entry in the Start menu. Use either one to start the program, then run a scan(which will take less than a minute). Once the scan is finished and you've saved the resulting log, copy-and-paste the entire contents of the log here.

The program that you've just installed and run a scan with - HijackThis 1.99.1 - will show us what programs are running in the background and what "nasties" are present.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online