Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'Malware Removal & HijackThis Logs' Forum

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BooII 
#1 ·
Just a comment about topic '23-May-2007 12:32 AM - Solved: HELP!! Infected with em.pc-on-internet/amaena and others' in forum 'Malware Removal & HijackThis Logs'.

For sometime I was experiencing persistent screen pop-ups on my computer infected with malware from 'http://em.pc-on-internet.com'. After reviewing the posts in this forum topic, I applied 'Cybertech's response that fixed 'Turanganui's problem. This instructed Turanganui to download and run 'combofix.exe'. I did just that (carefully following this utility's screen prompts through to the finish). Upon completion I was rid of the pop-ups that were advertising in nature, though not malicious, but annoying. This was the only utility downloaded and run, as it always the last one that effects the desire end result.

The end user is forewarned that this utility is not to be used without the tutelage of either a 'gold' or 'blue' shield anti-malware instructor. Also the advise given 'Do not mouseclick the Combofix window while its running, as it may cause it to stall.' was observed.

End result was that on first attempt, I was successful in removing the malware from my computer. With a little research and study of the 'Tech Support Guys Forums' website, success was achieved.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.