Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware removal

990 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  WEBBIT 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just want to know if anyone uses PREVX.

I think it's pretty cool and does a great job for me.

It stands alone and takes care of viruses and malware and uses almost no resources.

Any thoughts ?

:rolleyes:

#2 ·
I'll research it and let you know...

#3 ·
This is different (from their site: http://www.prevx.com/)

By the way, if you refer to a product or site it is only proper to give a link ;)

With Free Trial Plus, you can download and use Prevx 2.0 (and it's the full product, not some cut down version) for free. If you're never affected by malware, the product is free for ever.

However, if Prevx 2.0 detects, and protects you against, a malicious file, then a count-down begins. This count-down gives you another 30 days of the full product for free. At any point you can then choose to pay for the product, (and by the way Prevx 2.0 is significantly less expensive than other anti-malware products and can be bought by the month, the quarter or the year to give you maximum flexibility).

At the end of the 30 day count-down, if you haven't chosen to buy the product, Prevx 2.0 switches into detection mode. This gives you the same visibility of what's happening on your machine and will tell you if you've been infected, allowing you to clean up an infection either by paying for Prevx 2.0 at that point, or by using another product or a manual clean-up method.

#4 ·
Thanks....

It's a freebee for 30 days, then it asks for 20 bucks.

My son does the usual P2p crap that all teenagers do and Prevx catches everything.
It blocks alot of stuff and what it doesn't recognize, it puts on probation.

I've had absolutely no infections or problems since I started using it.

I'm curious as to why it's not the most popular spyware remover on the net !

I thank you for looking into it for me.

I respect your "distinguished member" status

Michael

#5 ·
Just saw your reply.

I usually supply a link, just made an oops.

Anyway, What do you think about a spyware program that uploads your stuff and compares it to a community database ?

I mean, that's what prevx does, it scans your running processes, it checks your installed files and then reports to a database and lets you know if your infected.

What do you think ?

:confused:

#6 ·
well, I am paranoid by nature and don't like anybody or anything "inspecting" me or my computer but in this instance I can't protest too loudly.

I still have to examine this software before I can compare it to such worthy apps as Ad-aware and Spybot. HijackThis is also something one must have, especially if one's computer is infected by...

...teenagers! :eek:

:D

#7 ·
By the way: thank you for the distinguished member note but all that means is that I have been around for some time and have far too much time on my hands! :D

#9 ·
hi i have aa dual boot comp xp on 1 and vista on other, there has been a few probs with prevx on vista, as it is still in beta testing, and i did not run it as a stand alone i ran bit defender along side it, ias i have a year left of my licence i did not want to give up my trusted security as bit defender has been, but during the vista change it became unreliable. It picked up a virus, cant remember the name it deleted it but it came back. i searched googlefor the virus which led me to prevx 2. i downloaded it as a trial free until needed it found my virus as a running process and got rid of it.
i certainly gives a different outlook to virus protection, most anti virus programs need the virus signatures in their updates where as prevx if it dont recognise it it blocks it until it can establish what is going on.

Here is a link for what someone says about it
http://www.castlecops.com/t167880-Why_Use_Prevx2_0.html

I would certainly give it a go, its not that expensive really for a year and you can run other antispyware progs with it.

As now i have prevx 2 on my xp boot up with a squared anti malware as a on demand scanner and xp is running like a dream if i get any issues i will let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.