1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Malware removal

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by rgunther5513, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgunther5513

rgunther5513 Thread Starter

Hello,

In the past few few weeks Norton Internet Security 2010 has been reporting repeated attacks from remote IP addresses nearly every 10 seconds while my computer was connected to the internet. In the past couple of days my computer has slowed down enormously and norton no longer detects anything wrong with my computer during scans. CPU usage is between 90-100 at all times. Way too many svshst executables are running (between 5-10). When I try to end these processes a dialog box comes up and says acess is denied. Windows Unlocker can't do anything about it. Yesterday while trying to end the processes the famous dialog box with 60 seconds on the timer before the computer will be forced to shut down showed up, so I assume I have a rootkit. When I tried to attach my hijack this file i was unable to- the window refreshed and reported that the connection had been reset. This occurred 5 times in a row so I am assuming that is abnormal as well. I decided to paste the log into the thread, I hope that its not against the rules! Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 4:32:01 PM, on 7/31/2010
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.17023)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.

exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\17.7.0.12\ccSvcHst.exe
    C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\17.7.0.12\ccSvcHst.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe
    O2 - BHO: Symantec NCO BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\17.7.0.12\coIEPlg.dll
    O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\17.7.0.12\IPSBHO.DLL
    O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll (file missing)
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll (file missing)
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\17.7.0.12\coIEPlg.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UnlockerAssistant] "C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [awkrifwn] C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\snykatyfn\vsmgsgftssd.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\User1\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [awkrifwn] C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\snykatyfn\vsmgsgftssd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'Default user')
    O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Vongo Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\Vongo\Tray.exe (User 'Default user')
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/win...ls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1218072152575
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgpp.dll (file missing)
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service for DVE (ICDSPTSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IcdSptSv.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security (NIS) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\17.7.0.12\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: ThreatFire - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe

2. rgunther5513

Here is an updated version HJT log

Attached Files:

3. rgunther5513

I now get this message frequently:

svshost.exe application error
    the instruction at "0x3009c1d2" referenced memory at "0x000000017". The memory could not be "read" Click ok to terminate the program. Click cancel to debug the program.

Generic Host process for Win32 services. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Please tell microsoft about this problem. options were debug, send error report or dont send

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/939780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice