Solved Malware scanners

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raybro

I've been out of touch for quite a while due to medical problems, but I am working to get back into what I enjoy. i.e. working on computers.

To that end, I would like some input regarding the latest malware scanners available free online. I'm currently using AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes and SuperAntispayware (all free editions). They still work quite well, just would like to get up to date in this area. Any input much appreciated.

Raybro

etaf

Wayne
those are the three I still use / recommend

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
You about have it, my friend.

You can use MSE or AVG for AV.

Tfc by old-timer is good for clearing caches and temps

raybro

Thanks guys. The old standbys still work, glad to hear it. I used Tfc on my old XP Hope laptop. Glad to see it upgraded and downloaded it. Does it run on Win 8 64 bit?

I'll be on more often now (I hope).

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Welcome back, raybro.

AdwCleaner
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
SUPERAntiSpyware
Temp File Cleaner By OldTimer

are still the same ones that I use in Windows XP and Windows 7 and Windows 10. (y)

---------------------------------------------------------------

raybro

Thanks for the welcome back from all. I really appreciate it.

Gomar

Gomar
Malwarebytes is the best there is.
it cleaned a horrible trojan when others did not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online