Malware screwing up my weekend.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tackpro

I accidently downloaded the damned Active X link or something and it installed a couple things on my computer. At first I was getting constant pop ups telling me I was potentially infected. Every time I started IE it would automatically send me to a supposed antivirus program site. I managed to get Registry mechanic and spybot installed and run. Thats problem is fixed or seems to be, but now I see a blue flashing question mark that turns into a red shield with a white X in it. This sends me to another website. I also keep getting a system alert from it.

I'm going to include the hijack report. with follow up post.

Attachments

Tackpro

Solved!! Everything is gone. I read several other threads and found a great tool, which worked. Smitfraud got the buggers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online