1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Malware/Virus Issue?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Ajajadude, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajajadude

Ajajadude Thread Starter

My father's laptop seems to being have issues with viruses and/or malware. Google searches end up becoming hijacked when the link is clicked for a search result. Norton has caught at 3 viruses/trojans on several occasions in the past week. And there's some random program that pops up claiming the computer is under attack and is being damaged and directs you to click on one of the balloon pop-ups for help.

I have more info, but I have been unable to post on these forums using his laptop and I'm just trying to get SOMETHING posted. If this works, I'll try and add more info including a hijack this log...

EDIT: the files that Norton quarantined are av.exe, ave.exe and MSASCui.exe. We've tried anti-virus software and anti-malware software, nothing seems to correct this problem.

2. Ajajadude

Ajajadude Thread Starter

For some reason, I'm unable to post my hijack log, everytime I do so I get an internet connection error.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice