Malwarebytes Blocks Incoming Activity from Website

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

K1979

Malwarebytes showed that it blocked a website accessing my computer when the web browser was closed. I erased the alert and then ran a threat scan. Nothing was found from the scan. Do I need to do anything more? Should I be further concerned?

blues_harp28

You can check what was removed in the Malwarebytes log files.
Also, while you are looking for that - run another scan with Malwarebytes to check that the system is clean.

K1979

Unfortunately I did not get the address of the website. Where can I view the Malwarebytes log files? (I know there are scan logs that detail scans that are manually run, but this showed up on it's own in the "Detection History" section and the "Notification" section, apart from any manually-induced scan,)

K1979

I also had deleted the history logs from the Detection History logs. I know, that was stupid.

blues_harp28

Run Malwarebytes until it comes back clean. If it finds anything > click Remove and then restart your pc. The latest scan log file will tell you what it removed.

K1979

The daily threat scan was run, and nothing was detected. I'm guessing everything is okay? But I've never had the program block a website intrusion effort when the web browser had been already closed.

blues_harp28

How Malwarebytes found a 'website intrusion' we know not but good to know it was doing its job.
From the moment we switch on the pc there will be other programs and applications that will be accessing the net, even when the browser is not open.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online