1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Malwarebytes error?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by guy2, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guy2

guy2 Thread Starter

Iv been getting this lately when closing malwarebytes after a quick scan.

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Association control panel.

Iv never seen this kind of error it would be helpful to know what this is for the next time around.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Is Malwarebytes finding any problems during a quick scan, and are you allowing them to be fixed?

What version are you using? 1.40 is the current version.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. guy2

guy2 Thread Starter

Nope ,nothing out of the norm except this error ,i haven't been seeing anything popping up in any scans for the last month or so and this version is 1.40.

I also have a fresh vista

i did get a little something i forgot to delete in quarantine ,it deleted fine.

I always update before scanning and i haven't reinstalled or moved and deleted any of the malwarebytes files that i can recall.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Are you getting the error message when closing Malwarebytes or when closing its scan log?

I use Malwarebytes and have installed and used it in numerous computers and have never had that problem with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

5. guy2

guy2 Thread Starter

Actually i was a off on my part ,it pops up right after the no malicious items detected message and then i have to X it to close the program.

I never started seeing this intill recently and iv also used malwarebytes for a year or so on all computers i touch and never seen this error. Although the error doesn't seem to have any effect from what i can see and what my experiences tell me ,im thinking if i should download it again?

I don't know how this will effect malwarebytes performance like updates as of now and starting over.

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    If you need to uninstall it and then reinstall it again, that's fine.

Just run its update function afterwards to get it up-to-date with the latest definition files.

-------------------------------------------------------------

7. guy2

guy2 Thread Starter

Yeah ,i first reinstalled under C program files and kept getting the error again so i deleted the original and downloaded it again from cnet and now im still getting the error?

installed to

C:\program Files\Malwarebytes' Ant: Malware

Im also having problems viewing C:/users/?????________temp/AppData

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You're doing something wrong somewhere, but I'm not there to see what it is, so I can't offer any further advice about the error message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you trying to view the contents of the C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Temp folder?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

9. guy2

guy2 Thread Starter

yes ,i am trying to view C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Temp

Im not very familiar with these folders or why i cant see them in the first place but now i have to be because allot of my downloads mistakenly end up there and i cant see or edit them due not knowing enough.

10. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Create a folder right on your desktop, then name it Downloads or My Downloads.

When you start to download a file from a website and you choose "Save", direct it to be saved in that folder.

You'll then always know where your downloaded files are and will have quick and easy access to them. (y)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You probably can't find that temp folder because the default Windows settings conceals certain files and folders from easy view.

Open the MY COMPUTER main window, then click Tools - Folder Options - View(tab).

Select "Show hidden files and folders".

Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".

Click Apply - OK and ignore any warning that appears.

You should be able to find and acess that temp folder now. (y)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

11. BillSnapWire

BillSnapWire

You can access these files just by copying the path into your explorer window address bar.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/858825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice