1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Malwarebytes turning off Web Protection

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by starnelka, May 19, 2017 at 6:38 AM.

Advertisement
  1. starnelka

starnelka Vow Thread Starter

This is a problem I've had before but can't remember how to resolve it. As of today MB flags a message saying that Real Time Protection layers are turned off. These are Web Protection and Malware Protection.
    What I've done: switched both on only for them to go off again, or Real Time Protection shows starting but doesn't go any further. I've also uninstalled my previous version and downloaded version 3.1.2. I am Premium user.

Can anyone shed any light on this and tell me how to resolve it please?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3839 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM), 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (71 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Packard Bell, imedia S3720
    Antivirus: Malwarebytes, Enabled and Updated

2. Sponsor

3. attiki

attiki

Everyone's having this problem today. If you go to Malwarebytes' official forums, you'll see hundreds of posts about this posted within the past hour.

4. plodr

plodr Liz

5. starnelka

starnelka Vow Thread Starter

Thank you very much Plodr and Attiki. It had most certainly been fixed. Was it connected with the worldwide hacking, do you think?

6. plodr

plodr Liz

No, just a bad database update. It happens to all security companies at times.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190200