Malwarebytes vs. SpyShelter (premium versions)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

commute201

Knowing Malwarebytes has come a long way in the last years in detecting, preventing, and removing keyloggers whether by keystroke or screen capture. But how does Malwarebytes compare to SpyShelter as far as features and effectiveness, detection, and removal, for their paid/premium versions? Am particularly interested what is missing in Malwarebytes and is included in SpyShelter. Through a basic Google search, am having trouble finding any software review articles comparing the two. Though I consider the advice in such articles, but knowing some of the writers are paid by the software companies themselves, I value even more first hand experiences from users.

I have both softwares currently. I have another solution for keystroke encryption (KeyScrambler) as I know Malwarebytes does not do that. As an early adopter and contributor of Malwarebytes more than a decade ago, I have a lifetime license for it. Software alerts are not bothersome to me. As far as support, I have found Malwarebytes has a dedicated forum where any problems I have had over the years have quickly or eventually been solved, whereas with SpyShelter you have to open a ticket, and you are at the mercy of their support team both good and bad.

I find MalwareBytes' exploit protection very weak. HitmanPro Alert caught far more exploits than MalwareBytes.

Firehammer

carsten
I would never install Malwarebytes on a PC, it slows it down way too much, second it is simply not safe enough compared to Bitdefender, Kaspersky & others.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online