1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

manual for motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by will182, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. will182

will182 Banned Thread Starter

ok here is what i need some help on

1:were can i get a motherboard manual for an intel 810 motherboard
    2: how do i find out what my motherboard is.

2. Kitch

Kitch

3. jdl

jdl

Download the Belarc Advisor here. It will provide a wealth of information about your computer including the motherboard description.

4. will182

ya the thing is i want to know what the mobo is in my old computer becouse i can seem to get the connecters for the buttons at the front of the computers to work and i cant turn the computer on so there is no point of that, the computer will not turn on and its got a brand new icute power supply (from my new case)

5. jdl

jdl

Sorry, don't recall seeing that info in your original post...

6. norton850

norton850

You might be able to follow the wire from the main "power" button on the front of the case to the pins on the motherboard. Then just short those two pins with a small screwdriver. That's really all you need to turn it on and for troubleshooting purposes. Usually the pins on the MB are labelled to some extent.

7. will182

"Sorry, don't recall seeing that info in your original post..."

yea thats becouse you dident, they were not any

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Just in case you missed that suggestion.

9. will182

i cant its all mucked up, on the motherboard it dont even show you were to connect the wires and also i dont even thing the mobo cam with a mobo manual

10. will182

i cant belive it, on my old motherboard in the process of trying to plugg the connectors in i have bent 2 pins, pulled a wire out of the black plug thing, but i think i have a replacement thing for that, i have looked on the intel website but i see there are many kinds of intel 810 motherboard and all i can see on my intel 810 motherboard is rev.D, i am tottaly confused on this matter, i thing later this year i might buy a mobo for the celeron d 2.8ghz processor i have sitting on a shelf but for now i still need help on this errm intel 810 motherboard

11. dobbelina

dobbelina

Don't you just hate it when the manufacturer don't write make and model on
    their products....

12. will182

yea its stupid, my dfi mobo has the make and model on tho, i like dfi there cool

13. ~Candy~

Where is the bent pin? One of the ide channels? I'm not quite sure what you are speaking of?

14. will182

bottom right of the motherboard were you conect the front panel connectors for power and hdd led and stuff like that, i bent the pin by accident but then i bent it again about 4 times, those pins will still work will they even though they are bent?

i cant fidn a manual for my motherboard on the intel website becouse on each mobo it shows a picture and non of em look like mine, here is a discription of what it looks like, hope this help people get a better idea of what my mobo is

3pci slots (no agp)
    socket 370
    max memory= 512mb
    4mb intergrated graphics
    supports pentium 3 and celeron
    2 ram slots
    it says rev.d on it
    thats all i know really

15. ~Candy~

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/358459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice