Manual restore point XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jilbert

I am using XP Home Edition. I want to restore my system to one of my manually created restore points from a few months ago, but the calendar won't let me go out of the month of June, to a previous month. How do I get there? Thanks. I downloaded a popup blocker, restarted my machine, and lost all contents of Outlook Express.

If you can't get past June, then you may be able to get it.

See this link ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545&Product=winxp ) mostly part 2.

However, If all you want to get back is your Outlook Express files, then do a search for "*.dbx" [without the quotes] and they should still be there (you will get inbox.dbx, sent.dbx, etc.). When you find them, just import them back.

You may have double inbox.dbx, etc.. so you may have to use trial and error when importing to find your old files.

Hi,

If the calendar doesn't do back to the previous month then that means there are no restore points available for those dates. It would not matter in this case sense System Restore does not monitor .dbx file. So it would be of no help.

For more information on System Restore.

You may be able to recover the files using DBXtract
http://www.oehelp.com/dbxtract/default.aspx

jilbert said:
I am using XP Home Edition. I want to restore my system to one of my manually created restore points from a few months ago, but the calendar won't let me go out of the month of June, to a previous month. How do I get there? Thanks. I downloaded a popup blocker, restarted my machine, and lost all contents of Outlook Express.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online