1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Many different blue screens. FC, D1, 1A, C4, 50 (Most common), 0A, 7F

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JetSirus, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JetSirus

JetSirus Thread Starter

I recently purchased several new components for my PC and have since been experiencing many different blue screen errors. The new parts are as follows:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 3.3Ghz

RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB (4 X 2) 1866Mhz (underclocked to 1600Mhz for testing purposes)

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 580 1536MB (PNY Enthusiast edition if that matters)

Motherboard: ASUS AMD 890FX Crosshair IV Extreme

EDIT: PSU:
    Corsair CPMPSU-750TX Best rated PSU manufacturer 2011.

Since the nature of the problem has changed with time, I will just list in order all the steps taken so far along with the results.

1. Motherboard NB overheating. Replaced motherboard.
    2. Reinstalled Win7 Home Premium due to boot failure. I expected this step with this much new hardware.
    3. System throwing several blue screens. Ran two passes of Memtest86 with no errors found.
    4. Removed GTX 580 and inserted 100% working 8800GT. Systems still randomly blue screens.
    5. Tried each PCI Express port separately. Blue screens persist.
    6. Replaced CPU after Memtest86 was unable to run in multicore mode. Issues persist.
    7. Ran Memtest86 4.10 for over 72 hours. Out of 90+ passes a single memory address failed 3 times.
    8. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic on Extended with 2 passes. No errors found.
    9. Attempted to resinstall Win7. Blue screens at or before the prompt to install. 0x00000050
    10. Removed Sound Blaster X-fi. Problems persist.
    11. Updated BIOS. Problems persist. Still unable to install Windows. Current install works intermittently.
    12. Removed Bluetooth addin from motherboard. Problem persist.
    13. Ran Extended test from bootable Western Digital test CD. All hard drives passed.
    14. New error when attempting install of Windows. STOP C0000221 HARD ERROR.

If it helps I am including a link to download all of the memory dumps from the errors along with a Bellarc Advisor report. I will also attach them to this post.

Skydrive Shared Folder

Thanks in advance for ANY help. This is making me crazy.

< Moderator - I have removed your belarc report attachment - it contains sensitive information with KEYS >

Attached Files:

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Check the memory specs to see if you need to manually set the
    proper voltage for the memory in the bios.
    What power supply are you using?

3. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

Were the memory failures at the same address?

You might have bad memory, but I am guessing (from the fact that you didn't see fit to even mention the single most important component in the system - the power supply) that you have a crap or undersized power supply, and it is at the heart of your troubles.

You might also have your memory undervolted, or memory timings wrong.

Also not impossible that you have bad filters on the motherboard.

I'll still place my money on the power supply, though, until you convince me that you have a good one.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have removed the belarc attachment - it contains sensitive information

5. JetSirus

JetSirus Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. Yes, the memory has one bad address that failed 3 times out of 90ish passes. And I failed to mention the PSU because it's a 750 Corsair. Being one to carefully and painstakingly research each component I put in my computers it just never crossed my mind to mention the PSU. Also with the ram, I have manually set the voltage, it was one of the first things I did actually. I am currently waiting on replacement RAM. So we will see how that goes.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice