1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Many Error Messages, cant use computer!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tovlakas, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tovlakas

tovlakas Thread Starter

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
    my computer is incredibly screwed up! Nothing works,and it takes forever to load. here are some of the errors I get.
    I get this trying to open My Computer.
    -----
    EXPLORER.EXE-Application Error
    The instruction at "0x1000a387" referenced memory at "0x10019008". The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of "0xc000009c".
    Click on ok to terminate...
    -----
    Randomly, I get an error message about DrWatson. I got the error signature for this one.
    -----
    EventType:Bex P1:drwatsn32.exe P2:5.1.2600.0 P3:3b7d84a2 P4:dbghelp.dll P5:5.1.2600.2180 P6:4110969a P7:0001295d P8:c0000409 P9:00000000
    -----
    I get errors opening any folder. their error signature goes like this.
    -----
    Generic Host process for Win32 services
    EventType:In page error P1:c000009c P2:00000003
    -----
    When I click on Norton, I get this message.
    -----
    Symantec
    Unable to start the Integrator. Please reboot and try again.
    -----
    What could be wrong?

Stats:

Windows XP Professional
    gb pc-3200 ram
    p4 2.4 ghz
    480 w psu
    Hasn't been connected to the internet since it was first made about a month ago to update windows.

2. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

Before you do anything else try re-seating the RAM modules and see if any cards need re-seating and look for loose connections and cables.

Make sure that the casing is dust free and that all fans are running.

http://images.crucial.com/pdf/dimm_install.pdf

It is easier and safer to unplug everything, take the left hand side casing off and lay the computer on its right side to work on the cards.

To take anti-static precautions hold the bare metal of the casing with your left hand and keep the start button depressed for ten seconds to equalise any static charge across the system. Then it should be safe to touch things.

If you have done a system restore recently it may be necessary to uninstall & reinstall Norton.

3. tovlakas

tovlakas Thread Starter

hi there, my bad

i should have specified. I built the computer myself and know quite a bit about hardware, so i am sure all the components are properly installed. Also, i forgot to mention the computer worked flawlessly for the first 2 weeks of operation or so. I just built it a month ago, so there is no dust or anything. basically the problems randomly started about 2 weeks ago.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the help so far!

4. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

Is that one RAM module or more? (2 x 512Mb, or 4 x 256Mb) if the one module is not making good contact it could produce a fault or if the module is faulty.

I had a half-shaft snap after three months use, on a brand new Ford and a guy I know got his brand new Mercedes rammed in the side as he backed it off the lot. Just two minutes "old".

5. 123go

123go

I have a Dell Laptop, less than a year old, running Windows XP and Norton Internet Security 2005. I got the same error message: InPageError P1: c000009c P2: 00000003, occurring every time Norton's Ndetect.exe ran in conjunction with LiveUpdate (which was about every three minutes). The computer would slow waaaay down, I could hear the hard drive making a "click click whiiiirrrr" noise over and over, then the error message with an apology for having "encountered an error" and having to close the application Symantec NetDetect. After trying uninstalling/reinstalling Norton, system recovery, scanning for viruses and spyware, chkdsk.exe, I finally just disabled LiveUpdate. I'm still looking for a better solution.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!