1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Many problems with gaming and my laptop

Discussion in 'Games' started by RdomRtardz, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RdomRtardz

RdomRtardz Thread Starter

Hi,

I've been having loads of problems lately with my computer and most of these problems are game related, if you have some time and would like to help, please do because I'm beginning to think there's no other solution then performing a cleanup and fully reset my computer, which I don't want to do since there are a couple of programs and games which I'll lose if I resort to reseting my laptop.

For my system specs look for the file that I attached to this post, it's a game booster diagnose.

-First of:
    I seem to have a weird thing going on with my video cards, yes cards. For some reason I have 2 video cards and I don't think that's normal, is it? (see this image (this is my device manager window): http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/devicemanagerj.png/ )

The problem with these cards is I can't update their drivers because when I try to I get an error message after the installation saying that my software and hardware of my computer is incompatible, the version of my grafic adapter isn't supported and I'm suppose to contact the makers of my laptop to update my drivers.

-The second thing is that I sometimes can't play games like counter strike and minecraft, because of something to do with OpenGL, I understand it has something to do with rendering/building 3D objects?

(Note: I tried almost everything to make my laptop run games faster: use gamebooster, set windows to best performance (= disabled the visual themes etc.), put down the brightness to not overheat my hardware, CCleaner, deleted as many programs as I could, optimised the energy settings,...)

-Third thing is I get a bluescreen when shutting of my laptop, it happens everytime when I turn of my computer.

-I also have an annoying virus which I can't seem to get rid off and I think it's also mentioned in the game booster diagnose, the program, stdrt.exe , plays random music and downloads alot of things and I think it makes my laptop run much slower too ( my computer used to run alot faster) I ran alot of scans using various programs but none of them saw stdrt.exe as a virus, and even when I did delete it, it returned a couple days later.

Need to know anything? please ask, I'll get back to you asap!
    Thanks in Advance!

Attached Files:

2. black-wolf

black-wolf

Welcome to the forums.
    What is the manufacturer and model of your laptop?

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

The first thing you need to do is sort out the potential viral / malware problem(s) you may have.

Create a new topic in the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum here:
    http://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/

When you post the thread, following the instruction in the sticky at the top of that forum, direct link to it here:
    http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/943214-everyone-must-read-before-posting.html

Once you have posted a thread in accordance with the sticky (may be useful to just put a link back to this thread in it aswell to keep everything tied together), then we can start on the other problems.

Please give the malware guys a bit of time to reply, remember we all help out here in our spare time :) and only follow instructions from one of the sites authorised Malware removal people, they have a gold shield next to their name. When done, come back here and we will do what we can to get you sorted out.

4. RdomRtardz

RdomRtardz Thread Starter

5. black-wolf

black-wolf

I agree with Tanis, see if the other thread can get you fixed up.

6. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    No problem, lets let the malware guru's do their thing then once they are done we can concentrate on any other problems you may be having. Give then a bit of time to get back to you on that part of the forum.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!