"Map Network Drive" will not respond

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stanl1

I have been working with setting up Network Attached Storage and FTP server on my desktop and after several restarts, the "Map Network Drive" will not respond with the standard settings window. I have tried resetting the registry to remove it and add it to the explorer window that pops up when you right click on My Computer. It will not respond when I open My Computer and get to it via "Tools". "Disconnect Network Drive" works fine. I am running Windows XP with SP3. The problem surfaced after I tried to use a FTP server program called "SerUSetup" from Rhino Software. I tried removing the software and doing a restore. That did not solve the problem. I then restored a disk IMG created several days ago using Paragon Backup & Recovery. That did not help. I have Kaspersky Internet Security and can find no setting that would prevent mapping a network drive.

Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online