1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Map Network Drive" will not respond

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stanl1, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stanl1

stanl1 Thread Starter

I have been working with setting up Network Attached Storage and FTP server on my desktop and after several restarts, the "Map Network Drive" will not respond with the standard settings window. I have tried resetting the registry to remove it and add it to the explorer window that pops up when you right click on My Computer. It will not respond when I open My Computer and get to it via "Tools". "Disconnect Network Drive" works fine. I am running Windows XP with SP3. The problem surfaced after I tried to use a FTP server program called "SerUSetup" from Rhino Software. I tried removing the software and doing a restore. That did not solve the problem. I then restored a disk IMG created several days ago using Paragon Backup & Recovery. That did not help. I have Kaspersky Internet Security and can find no setting that would prevent mapping a network drive.

Any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice