1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Maping Network Drives

Discussion in 'Networking' started by blcArmadillo, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blcArmadillo

blcArmadillo Thread Starter

Alright, I just got my server up and running (windows server 2003) and setup a domain. I have about 40 user accounts setup on the server and am wondering if there is a way to make it so that when a user logs onto a client computer the network drives which they have permission to use are automatically mapped? I can't imagine that I have to set this up for each user on each client computer. Thanks for any help and please ask if you need anything clarified.

2. anrky

anrky

My workplace uses scripts which automatically map network drives when a user logs in. I'm going by memory, but in Active Directory, when viewing the properties of a user, the path of the script is placed in the "profile" tab, I believe.

3. blcArmadillo

blcArmadillo Thread Starter

Thanks Anrky for the info. I'll take a look at making scripts. If anyone else has info on how I would do this or knows of some good links with tutorials for windows server 2003 that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice