1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MAPISP32 error in Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Linkmaster, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linkmaster

Linkmaster Thread Starter

Hello Everyone,
    I posted a while back with an outlook problem that had us stumped here at work. We are using outlook and ccmail.
    After either clicking on "Send and Recieve" or just opening Outlook,
    every once in a while we would get this error:
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error !!

Program: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\1033 \nt\MAPISP32.exe

R6025
    - pure virtual function call
    Outlook would freeze up and had to endtask to close!

This seemed to happen for no particular reason on machines running Win2000. And Outlook 2000 or 2002!

Until we accidently found the fix (we think)
    We got the error, closed Outlook, opened CCMail and opened the new mail that was there. One of those that are opened is the culprit!! One of those is holding up all the others.
    After opening and reading the ccmail mail, close CCMail, open Outlook again. The error has gone!!
    We are not sure if it is attachments or mail corrupted yet!! When we find out what causes the message to error i will follow up. This info is a fix to get outlook going again.

Believe me this had us pulling our hair out. Hope this will help others in the future because I searched everywhere but nobody had the exact message!!
    Ill stay posted!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice