1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mapped Network Drives will not stay mapped.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by smithmdan, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithmdan

smithmdan Thread Starter

OK
    Here is the problem

Running a peer to peer XP network at my sister's church.
    8 computers in the workgroup.
    Not using a domain , only a workgroup.

New Dell computer was purchased to be used as Bookkeeper Computer.

Church software files were moved from old bookkeeper computer to new one.
    All other computers set up as workstations. Software runs and is installed thur mapped network drive.

The problems is that everytime we restart any workstation computers they lose the mapped drive. If you browse the network to access Bookkeeper computer you must give logon name and password to access that computer. After you log on then you can map network drive and use software.

It never work that way before the new Dell computer and always stayed mapped without logon info. I can easily access any other computer on the network with out logging on .

Church Software support says it is a network problem. But what is baffling to me is that you must use church software logon info to access the Bookkeeper computer.

Is this a logon or user account setting problem on the new Dell?

Software support told me that Bookkeeper computer had to be logged on a network administrator. I have it set to logon automatically (go to welcome screen) . I changed it in user account setting to go to windows logon screen but did not seem to help (not using a password)

Any suggestions? Help!!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/523375

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice