1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Mapping a network drive problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hatdan, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hatdan

hatdan Thread Starter

I have a small 3 computer network. I am trying to share a folder on Computer 1 , but computer 2 cannot see it. I can ping computer 1 by name and ip address that works. I have checked to make sure the network sharing is on and that folder is shared for everyone and they are all on the same network. Computer 1 and 3 can see all computers, computer 2 can see computer 3, but not 1. I have tried mapping a drive using name and ip address, but neither see it. Computer 1 and 2 have Windows 10 home and Computer 3 has Windows 7.
    Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I do NOT using mapping, but try browsing to the different machine using Windows Explorer.
    Since Windows Vista the network sharing has liked have password accounts.
    Also it helps to set up an account on on ALL machine using the SAME name and password. This account needs to an member of the Admin Group and does NOT need to be active, just exist on the machine fully set up. It is also a great back door when needed when an account gets clobbered.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure all firewalls are configured for the desired remote access.

4. hatdan

hatdan Thread Starter

I finally create a home group and got it to work.
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1166429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice