1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mapping Network drive more than once

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bynary, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bynary

Bynary Thread Starter

Running Windows 7 64 bit.

I have mapped a network drive (actually it's a remote site that I rent space on) successfully through a product called Gladinet; when I try to map the same spot it does not complete successfully. I use the map network drive function under My Computer but I use the link at the bottom which says 'Connect to a website that you can use to store your documents and pictures'. Whenever I try it spins for a while and then comes back to where you put your username and password in.

Any idea why?

Attached Files:

2. centauricw

centauricw

When you try to connect to a remote file share like Gladinet, if you don't specify a username and password, it uses the username and password that you used to logon to your computer. If this is not the same username and password for the remote file share, it will prompt you for a username and password.

Generally, Gladinet requires an additional program to connect to its Cloud Storage. I'd suggest you check out the Gladinet Support Forum or connect Gladinet Tech Support for help.

3. Bynary

Bynary Thread Starter

OK, thanks. Will do.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/997419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice