1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mapping network drive

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rltarch, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rltarch

rltarch Thread Starter

Here's my problem:
    - I've installed a Seagate 160gb removable USB hard drive on a PC that I use in my office as a file server. It's running XP Pro. The drive works great - I can copy to it, etc. - but only from the server. The drive is labelled "F" and I have shared it. I can see it from anywhere on the server.

Problem is, I can't seem to map it from my workstation. I can browse to the drive in the "Map Network Drive" dialog box, but when I try to complete the mapping, I get the error "Not enough server storage is available to process this command".

I have no problem mapping the internal drives - any ideas why this isn't working?

Thanks for your help - whoever you are!

2. weaverware

weaverware

Im having the same problem. I have two PCs running XP Pro on a "Workgroup" the desktop can access the laptop fine but the laptop can only see all the shares on the desktop but as soon as I try and access them I get the same message. HELP! Im pullling my hair out here and have tried everything. Ive all the way to reinstall everything. arg

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

4. rltarch

rltarch Thread Starter

Mr. Cerelli - that did it! I changed the value to 25, then restarted, and presto!, it worked! Thanks again - you are cleary "da man"!

Rich

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

rltarch,

Glad the simple registry fix worked and thanks for posting back.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/359016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice