mar3.tmp/sts6.tmp problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rka0

Banned
Hello Folks. I need some help with mar. tmp files and sts.tmp files which have appeared on my computer. I had them before I reformatted my computer and assumed that the reformat would get rid of them but alas no. I have searched the internet but found nothing to resolve my problem any help would be much appreciated.(y)

DoubleHelix

Banned
They're just temp files. Where are they that they reappeared on a formatted system? That doesn't make any sense to me.

rka0

Banned
Hello DoubleHelix. Thankyou for your response They are in documents and setting\ name\ local settings\temp\ mar3.tmp. I have tried to delete them with "killbox" "unlocker" "move on boot" they reappear each time I startup my machine and from what I have found on the web many others are having the same problem but without resolution.

DoubleHelix

Banned
What problems are they causing? They're temp files. All systems have them. You just formatted so there can't be any viruses or trojans installed. Did you reinstall some application that comes from a questionable site? There has to be more to the situation than the simple presence of a couple of obscure files on a completely clean system.

rka0

Banned
Hello DoubleHelix. I find it frustrating that I do not have control over my machine and am unable to delete these files but if you say that they pose no threat then I will live with them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts