1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Margins in Microsoft Word 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kb1003, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kb1003

kb1003 Kaye Thread Starter

I have Windows XP and Microsoft Word 2003. I am trying to print a greeting card for the first time. The card size unfolded is 7 1/2 by 11. Once folded it wll be 71/2 by 5 1/2. When I choose print, I get the message "The margins of section 1 are outside the printable area of the page". I don't understand what section 1 is. I've moved the margins and I still get the same error.

Thank you for your help,
    Kaye

2. Sponsor

3. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Look for a " - number" on one or more of the different paragraphs.

4. kb1003

Hi DaveA,

I don't understand where to look. I have looked under format, paragrahs; Tools, options and I don't see anything that will correct my margins or what Section 1 is. There is only four words on the card and it is centered.

Thanks for your help,
    Kaye

5. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Turn on the Hidden characters and select each one and have a look at the margins settings of each one. You will find that there are several paragraphs in the file. The images are most likely also within a paragraph some way.

6. kb1003

I got that fixed. Thank you. Now, since the paper is 7 1/2 by 11, my text is not being centered in the page even though the center icon in the menu bar is selected. The text would be centered if the paper was 8 1/2 by 11. I chose custom size and inserted 7 1/2 by 11 and it is still not centering the text. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help,
    Kaye

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/879011