Margins in posts

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
Mike:

Is it possible to code your CSS to include margins in posts? I've always found it difficult to read text that runs to the edges of an element.

Is something like the following possible?:

p.post
{
text-align:
justify;
margin-left:
30px;
margin-right:
30px;
}

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I wouldn't date take 60 pixels (30 pixels on each side) from users! Didn't you see the trouble I caused by stretching the ads by 1/3 of that? Besides, I think 5px is fine. :)

Mike, your 5 pixels are on the outside of the post box, aren't they??

I think pc is referring to more room inside the post box. This wouldn't be a major issue to most, I'm thinking.

Besides, to me it looks like you have 5 pixels set on the outside of the post box, and maybe only 1 or 2 on the inside. I wouldn't go so far as to have 30pixels on both sides, but maybe an increase to 5?

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Nope, we have about 5 on the inside... at least in IE6. Even if we had none, 30 on each side would be WAY too much.

Just so we're clear . . .

I use IE6, and the below picture shows how close to the edge the text is, and to the left, shows the edge past the text box.

No biggies, just wanted to explain some more, and now I'll let pc and any others fight their battles;):D

Attachments

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
Oops! Didn't see your screen shot Randy - sorry. I'll post mine anyway to confirm, but that is exactly what I meant.

Mike: I didn't mean for you to take 30 and 30 literally. That was just an example from my own CSS. It can obviously be any value. On my 17" monitor, 30px gives only a ¼" margin. The second example below is 30X.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online